All innocence and happiness
A bundle of joy
Friends were like me
and I was like them
We like each other and we just play all day
Then I became a teenager
All contradiction and confusion
A bundle of emotions
Friends were like me
and I was like them
We like each other and we hang out all day
Then I became a wife and a mum
All work and in total control
A bundle of nerves
Most friends were like me
and I was like them
We lead our own lives and keep in touch rarely
I am still a wife and a mum
Now is the time; I have so much to give
I cherish the childhood of my kids
remembering the childhood that was my own
Now is the time
to build bonds and reach out
to them and to hold them by the hand
as they cross from teenage to adulthood
and be there for them each step of the way.

1 comment:
this is amazing and i do love the accompanying photo. kudos on your work once again.
i have posted something new, come check it out sometime
Post a Comment