What are you doing dragonfly
Why are you called a dragon fly?
I see no resemblance between you
and the mighty fire-breathing creature
that rule the sky
I am just curious about youI just want to get a close up on you
So that I can see you clearly at leisure
Because in the reality you are too small
and too quick to get away from me
I can see that you have a lifeperhaps thoughts and feelings too
I see your expressions changing
within a few seconds as you
take in nature's nourishment for you
just a few seconds, we all have lives to live


2 comments:
I have to ask... Do you take these pictures yourself? Because i really like this one. You were lucky to catch it sitting still long enough. Once i found a dead one that's body was perfectly preserved so i had it cast in a clear plastic substance so i could give it to a friend who really like dragonfly's.
Thanks for dropping by and yes, I take all the pictures on my blog and website and I digitally enhance most of them.
It is luck to spot a beautiful dragonfy or butterfly but it is experience that taught me how to photograph them. Here's what I do:
1. Keep still and stay where I am.
2. I take the first shot at high resolution so that I can crop and enhance the photo later and it will still be sharp. This could be the only shot that I will have.
3. I take another step or two closer to the dragon fly and if it is still there, get it at maximum zoom - 10X (Olympus C-750)
4. If I am very lucky the dragonfly will still be there. I move another step and snap the photo from different angles.
I was very lucky to have gotten those shots because the dragonfly was very hungry.
Your friend is very lucky too to have such a unique gift from you.
Post a Comment